The Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria celebrates its centenary in 2017.
Theological training at the university started in 1917 when the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk
van Afrika decided to train its own ministers. In 1937 the Dutch Reformed Church decided to
establish a faculty of its own at the university. This led to a faculty with two sections: Section
A for the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk and Section B for the Dutch Reformed Church. This
was the situation until 2000 when the two faculties merged to become one. Although theological
training by the Dutch Reformed Church only started in 1938, their faculty, Section B was an
important partner through the 100 years of theological training. This article gives a chronology
of the history of the Faculty of Theology Section B as partner in the history of theological
training at the University of Pretoria.